You can see the complete list for all Parties by going here (2008-09 may not be there for an hour or two). If you're not certain which Councillor belongs to which Party , then you can find out here.
You'll see from the 'Edinburgh Labour' table, that almost all our Group of 15 are on the basic annual salary of £15,838 - the exceptions being Ewan Aitken and Andrew Burns, who have variously spent parts of 2008/09 as Group Leader which is regarded as a Senior Councillor post and for which the full annual salary is just over £24,000.
Salaries aside, the total of additional expenses claimed by our complete Group of 15 Councillors for the whole of 2008/09 is £9,797.
I'll briefly explain some of the column headings in the 'Edinburgh Labour' table for these additional expenses:
- mileage expenses - this relates to daily travel costs: principally 'mileage allowance' for car travel.
- taxis - for taxis fares related to Council work.
- subsistence expenses - 'accommodation costs' at any conferences attended.
- telephone and ICT expenses - telephone calls made for work purposes: principally 'home-telephone' costs.
- other allowances and expenses - this relates, in the main, to the £444 for an annual bus pass. As you'll see, most 'Edinburgh Labour' Councillors use this as their primary mode of travel. This column also includes any 'conference fees' and overseas travel.
I will always be open abou any pulic expenses I incurr, and you will be able to see other councillors claims by clicking; contrast it with what the other 43 Edinburgh Councillors have claimed
Any questions or queries, please get in touch
email@example.com or call 0131 529 3281